Monday 29 October 2012

Join Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) server to a Windows 2012 Active Directory domain using Centrify Express

An Anonymous poster on my last post suggested using Centrify Express rather than using Likewise Open, so I did.

The first thing to note is that I'm not sure in which repository can the package be found or indeed what the name for the package is, I tried to search with apt-cache but to no avail, so I just downloaded the package directly from the website. The package says it's only valid for 12.04 or lower but it seems to work fine, I guess they haven't  updated the website yet.

Extracted the package:
tar -xvf centrify-suite-2012.3-deb5-x86_64.tgz
Ran the installer and followed the on-screen instructions: 
sudo ./install.sh
Server rebooted and I tried to login with a username of this form domain\username and it didn't work, I then tried username@domainname and it did work this time.

Single sign on with Putty works out of the box, although, much like with Likewise-Open the DNS entry was not added automatically. I created it manually this time. Note that without the DNS entries, SSO will not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment